FAITH IS BEING SURE OF WHAT WE HOPE FOR AND CERTAIN OF WHAT WE DO NOT SEE. HEBREWS 11:1

Saturday, September 26, 2009

DAY 98

Big Sherry, Kelce and the kiddos got an early start and were here around 10:00. Rick was happy to see everybody. He reached for the kids and whispered "hi" as loud as he could. We sat outside for a little while, then fed him lunch. After lunch we visited some more and then Sherry and Kelce had to go. The kids and I took Rick to the gym and he did the bike. I told him to show Riley how fast he could pedal and he went from 20 rpms to 54 rpms. Then we did the arm bike...his grip with his left hand is getting stronger and stronger...usually he has to have it wrapped to the bike, but not today. Then we worked on taking some large beads off of a board of tall spindles. About 3 weeks ago he wouldn't even try to do this. Today, he pulled all 20 of them off, and then put them all back on! Then a whole passle of pretty girls showed up to see him...Lauri Colbert, Renee Graf, Judy Miller and Ginger...I can't remember Ginger's maiden name, but these girls all went to school with Rick. It was really good to see them, and I know Rick recognized everyone. Now he's had supper and is back in bed watching Dances With Wolves. The kids and I are headed to the Metro Diner a block down the road to eat. It reminds me of the Herring Coffee Shop (back in the day) or the Dixie Maid...good burgers!

I will bless the Lord at all times; His praise shall continually be in my mouth. My life makes its boast in the Lord; let the humble and afflicted hear and be glad. O maginify the Lord with me, and let us exalt His name together. Psalm 34: 1- 3

Praise God!

Love,
Crystal



5 comments:

  1. Crystal,
    What a cheerful message, that's great news and sounds like Rick had a hoot. That's good, the Word says a merry heart doeth good like a medicine, it has to help Rick some. We are certainly glad the children got to come, they are a blessing. Rick is so blessed with y'alls
    family and friends, it really is good when they can come by. Keep up the good work, God Bless you all, Later, Rick

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad the kids are there and sounds like dad showed them what he is made of.
    So glad that he is going to be there a while longer.
    love to all and continue to keep you close in thought and prayer. shelah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Crystal,
    So thrilled we finally made it to see yall!! Kelce and I loved every minute we were there!! I am so impressed at how much more active Rick is becoming! I guess seeing is believing! God sure has been good to you both!! I know you and the little rugrats are going to have a super visit! We were honored to bring them for a visit! I couldn't wait to tell John how much Rick has improved, and he has his orneriness back! Exciting to see his personality hasn't changed, and he is getting back to his old self!
    Love ya, Aunt Sher, Big John, and Kelce

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad the kids made it and the day was great! I can't wait to hear all about it on Monday!!!!
    God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad everything is going so good!! We think of you everyday and pray for Rick and you every night. I'm so glad he's getting back to the old Rick. Can't wait to see him again! Glad you had a good weekend with the kids. I'll get Cade to tell me all about it tomorrow!
    Love you all!!
    Kelly, Reno, Alyssa and Morgan

    ReplyDelete