FAITH IS BEING SURE OF WHAT WE HOPE FOR AND CERTAIN OF WHAT WE DO NOT SEE. HEBREWS 11:1

Thursday, September 24, 2009

DAY 96

I guess by now y'all have figured out that if I'm posting late, it's because I'm stuffing my face! Matt and Sherry McKenzie came by today and took me out for mexican food...it's a good thing I was with them to tell Matt how to get around big "D"! Ha! Anyway, he told Rick he had 3 used saddles in the car...did he want to trade? The next thing we know, Rick is trying to get out of bed...I said, "Rick, where are you going?" and he held up 3 fingers...like I'm going to look at these 3 saddles. He had another fabulous day. You can tell he's working hard during the day, because now when therapy is over he's catching a nap. He walked again today, this time using parallel bars and using the side rails for support instead of the cart in front of him. He really worked hard in speech again today, and we actually heard a lot of good breath sounds and some vocalization. He earned a Hershey bar from Julia in OT today. She made a deal that if he told her hi today she would by him a candy bar. So, he told her hi in a loud whisper and he got his candy bar. Of course he only had 3 small bites, cuz that's not exactly on the list of approved foods! But he really enjoyed it.

I thank the Lord for all he's given us...every day we see something new, and my hope continues to be renewed. I read my Bible every night, and even found the opportunity to witness to a boy named Jonathan yesterday. He is 21 and has a gunshot wound to the head. The bullet exited out one of his eyes...he is blind and has been told he will never see again. Yesterday he had to go for reconstructive surgery and his mom and dad told me he was scared. So, I thought and thought about what I could do to make him feel better and before his surgery I went in and read Deuteronomy 31:6 Be strong courageous and firm: fear not nor be in terror before them, for it is the Lord your God Who goes with you; he will not fail you or forsake you. He told his mom and dad that I had come and they found me yesterday to thank me...it feels really good to reach out to others in their time of need. But y'all know that feeling...you've done it for us!

Time to get across the street...God Bless you all.

Love,
Crystal

6 comments:

  1. Crystal, what great news, and ya know preachers wives are supposed to be good witnesses for the Lord. Oh sorry, I meant to say cowboys wives are supposed to be good wit-nesses. Ok! I'll change directions just a little bit. We are so thankful that Rick has shown such steady improvement. It is abso-
    lutely a miracle with much divine intervention.
    We can't thank God enough for all he has done
    and we will thank him as much as we know how for what he is going to do. Let's pray, Father in heaven we come before you with praise and thanksgiving, and Lord we thank you for all you have done for all the Kieschnick family and for Crystal's family, however Father we thank you in advance with great anticipation of what is to come. Rick is a walking miracle and Father we thank you because you are a God of miracles, we know without you we could accomplish so little and what we consider great accomplishments would be nothing without you. Father we lift Johnathan before you and father we thank you for a miracle in his life. Father we pray for his healing and his salvation and for his family. Father we pray for whoever shot him, for forgiveness and or justice, whichever the case be. In the Name of Jesus we pray, Amen and Amen
    Crystal I hope that my weak attempt at humor has brought you a smile, God Bless Us All,
    later, Rick

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds wonderful to me!!
    Between you and Rick V. I feel like I have a nightly walk with God.
    Give Rick a pat on the head for me - think of you both oh so often and look forward to reading your post every night. Thanks for taking the time - it helps to make us feel a part of his recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Crystal, You are nothing short of amazing!! How awesome is it that you can go and witness and be there to help someone else when you are going through so much also. God is really working through you girl and it shows!! So proud of you. I know when Rick is well and able to read all these blogs he will be so proud to be your husband!! I am sure he already was but what a wonderful wife, mother, and woman you are. You bring us all hope. I know I speak for a lot of people when I say we love you so much. What a role model you are, not only for your children but for all of us. We are thinking about you and praying for you, AND IT IS WORKING!!! Praise the LORD!! We love you Crystal and appreciate the time you take to keep us updated on Ricks progress. Hang in there girl, everything is going to be alright!! Have a wonderful day tomorrow!!
    Love,
    Justin, Kelly, Riggin, and Journey

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey there, sounds like a good day. I love the saddle trading effort. Rick V thanks for another wonderful prayer. After what Crystal did for Jonathan, I think we may have this a little backward. Maybe Rick is the preachers husband. HA! Love you Crystal for taking good care of our boy and also helping others that need it. They are in our prayers too. Love you both

    ReplyDelete
  5. Crystal, just a short little tid bit for ya - you are amazing, and don't forget it! I am so excited everyday to read what u have to post! I am thrilled to see Rick's progress! We are continually praying for all of you!! Hope you have a great and restful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Crystal,
    Wow, what an amazing ministry you have. Rick may never know all the people you both have reached for the Lord before this is all said and done. I think of you each and every day and I am in awe at how strong you are and the faith you are putting out there for all of us to read. Between you and Rick V. I worship each time I read the blog. Thank you both.

    Each time I have the opportunity to share in a prayer request, I put Rick, you and your families on it. There are bound to be thousands sending prayers up for you. Thanks be to God!!

    I know that all of the ranches will be thinking of you all and saying special prayers for you this weekend. How I know you wish you could be there and you all are in spirit. Thank you for your strength and ministry to us through this blog. I cannot wait to see you and be able to talk with you in person and I hope it is very soon. Please tell Rick we love you all and are prayerfully thinking of you everyday! I may not have saddles to trade, but I do know God has plans for Rick to get up and walk on his own in Gods time.

    God Bless you, Crystal and all of your family.

    ReplyDelete