FAITH IS BEING SURE OF WHAT WE HOPE FOR AND CERTAIN OF WHAT WE DO NOT SEE. HEBREWS 11:1

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

DAY 296

Rick had to take a test today in PT...the Berg Balance Test. This is the first time he's even been able to attempt the test because he wasn't ready for it. He scored an 18 out of 68...it's a start. He had roping group and stood to rope. He did good, but he wants to do it perfect. I had to give him a little kick in the pants to get him going this morning...it will all come together. His new "iron horse" aka wheelchair, will be here on April 30th. We're all really excited for this. The chair he is currently in has a lot of support and extras that he doesn't need anymore. Plus the new chair will be a conventional chair with the big back wheels that he can start pushing with his arms which will be great for his coordination and strength. Most exciting news of the day is that Rick is going to the pool tomorrow! I just can't wait...I even bought him some new swimtrunks and boy are they cute! Turquoise blue with white flowers. He wasn't as thrilled about them as I was! The pool is at Covenant Hospital so we will leave here around 1:00 and drive over...it's just a few blocks away.

Riley will be in Vernon tomorrow for a twirling competition. I wish I had an idea of what time she'll be peforming, but I have no idea. I do know that she will be at the Wilbarger Auditorium for the 4-H Fun Day.

Please say a prayer for our friend Chelsea Sellers. She is a former patient of TLC and is getting her baclofen pump placed tomorrow...this could make the difference in her being able to walk again!

Show me your ways, O Lord; teach me Your paths. Guide me in Your truth and faithfulness and teach me, for You are the God of my salvation; for You do I wait expectantly all the day long. Psalm 25:4-5

I thank the Lord for all the guidance he's given me throughout this impossible ordeal. And for all the guidance that is yet to come.

Love,
Crystal

4 comments:

  1. Crystal,
    Let's pray and agree, Father we come before you with praise a thanksgiving. Father we thank you for all of Rick's improvement and we thank you in advance for his continued improvement. Lord we thank you that he is being healed in the name of Jesus. Father we thank you for Chelsea Sellers' well being, Father we thank you in advance that her baclofen pump will do exactly what it is supposed to do and that she will show great improvement immediately and we praise you and thank you for her healing. Lord be with little Riley during her travel and twirling performance and Father we thank you that Riley will do very well and we praise you and thank you for it in the Name of Jesus. Lord continue to strengthen Crystal and give her wisdom and patience in Jesus name we pray, and all of God' children said Amen and Amen, Father we thank you for guidance for all of our world, U.S., state and local leaders in the name of Jesus. God Bless us all! later, in His love, Rick

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crystal,

    You are so right...the Lord must be carrying you through this impossible ordeal! It would not be possible without Him. What a life-changing experience He has given you!

    Praying,
    Ann & Cliff

    ReplyDelete
  3. And...
    I look forward to hearing about the swimming. I always thought swimming helps just about everything!
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so glad Rick is feeling better.Its a merical.

    ReplyDelete