FAITH IS BEING SURE OF WHAT WE HOPE FOR AND CERTAIN OF WHAT WE DO NOT SEE. HEBREWS 11:1

Thursday, December 31, 2009

GOODBYE 2009

Rick was grumpy today. Not sure what was going on with him. This morning he had an early OT tech session and we weren't here yet. They said they got him into the gym and he started pointing his finger and giving the tech the what for, so they brought him back to the room and asked him what he wanted and he said "my wife". So, we got here shortly thereafter but he continued to be agitated off and on all day. He got mad at Riley this morning and then he got really mad at Cade at lunch because Cade ate all of his potatoes. I didn't see it happen, but Rick waved his hand and got my attention and I said, "what's wrong?" and he said, "he ate all my food" and he had his eyebrows all knitted down and he was seriously mad about it. He got on to Cade and made him cry, so then he said he was sorry and everything was okay. We went to visit TLC this afternoon. It's going to be a tough move...again, we've built relationships here and these people will be hard to leave. It's also scary to think about TLC and going back to a "non hospital" setting.



So glad that 2009 is over with...the beginning middle and end were all bad for our family. We lost Rick's nephew in January, his uncle in June, then his accident and everything that has followed. On the other hand I have grown as a Christian leaps and bounds in 2009 and so have a lot of my friends and family. 2010 will be better for us.



So, how do we plan on ringing in the new year? The same way Rick does every year. He always says, "I'll be looking at the back of my eyelids!" Sounds like a good plan to me.



From my Max Lucado daily devotional:

I leave you peace; my peace I give you. I do not give it to you as the world does. So don't let your hearts be troubled or afraid. John 14:27


If only you knew that I came to help and not condemn. If only you knew that tomorrow will be better than today. If only you knew the gift I have brought: eternal life. If only you knew I want you safely home.

God bless and goodnight.

Love,
Crystal





1 comment:

  1. Crystal,
    I agree, I pray 2010 will be better for all of us! I, for one, would like to make some really big changes and by the grace of God, we will make some changes. God Bless and keep you all and God Bless America and all of those in authority, In Jesus name we pray!! amen and amen, Later, Rick

    ReplyDelete