FAITH IS BEING SURE OF WHAT WE HOPE FOR AND CERTAIN OF WHAT WE DO NOT SEE. HEBREWS 11:1

Wednesday, December 9, 2009

DAY 172

I went ahead and posted the address here at Trustpoint...I have no idea when we'll move as they increased the pump again this afternoon. Rick had a really good day, and I'm so impressed with the effort and interest that his therapists and the techs have in him. Yesterday in PT Chel'C rigged up a boltster on the mat for Rick to straddle as if he was horseback and "roped" a post with a theraband. Today his OT had him "branding". She made a brand out of a clothes hanger and had Rick dip it in red paint and brand a sheet of paper hanging on the wall. In ST, Jeannie asked Rick if he played cards...he was actually teaching the kids to play poker when he got hurt...so, she has incorporated poker into his ST sessions. ST and OT are also working on cognitive skills as well. He had really good voice in ST again today. He was able to hold an "aahhh" out for 3 seconds...this is huge for Rick. Usually he can only make a sound for about a second. He took a 2 hour nap after therapy and was still a little groggy when Beverly and Monte Hollar came by to visit. He did eat a good supper and is waiting on a shower. We've been staying up way too late watching the NFR and I think it's catching up to him.

I thank God for getting us through another day, and especially for my family taking such good care of our kiddos through all of this...looking forward to Christmas break.

Hope y'all have a good night.

Love,
Crystal

4 comments:

  1. Thank the Lord, a little better is BETTER. Thank you Jesus, keep up the wonderful work.
    God Bless all of you, Amen----later, Rick

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was about to have to kick your booty bc I was missing the blog!! I am so excited about Rick's voice!! I will call you tomorrow-I have to go to Region 9 for a workshop-Yippee!! Love ya, Sherry
    PS Look for Leanne and Cody tonight/tomorrow at the NFR.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Crystal,
    hope all is well, missing a day on the info is kinda like bein' thirsty and not having a drink of water. God Bless, later, Rick

    ReplyDelete