FAITH IS BEING SURE OF WHAT WE HOPE FOR AND CERTAIN OF WHAT WE DO NOT SEE. HEBREWS 11:1

Sunday, December 13, 2009

DAY 175 & 176

We had a tough day today. It started out pretty normal, but then at 8:45 Rick had a seizure...the real deal this time. It was very scary. He woke up about 8:30 and I said "good morning" and he said "mornin'". I said, "How are you?", and he said "fine, how are you?" I told him I was going to finish getting ready and then I would get him up for breakfast. I went back in the bathroom and heard him make a funny noise. When I came back out, he had thrown up a little bit. So I got a washcloth and was cleaning him up. Suddenly, his head and eyes moved to the left very quickly and he started trembling for about 10 seconds, then turned back to me and started convulsing...it lasted about 2 minutes. The nurses and respitory where here in 2 seconds and had things under control. There isn't anything to do for someone when they have a seizure other than keep them safe, and turn them on their side so that if they do throw up they don't aspirate. I stayed calm and started praying. Dr. Wolcott was here within 10 minutes. They gave Rick adavan and it totally relaxed him and knocked him out. This will sound crazy, but they said it was a "good" seizure in that his never lost conciousness, he never lost continence, his vital signs all remained good the entire time. Rick hasn't been on anti-seizure medicine since September, but we may have to start him back on it. The labwork came back and everything is normal, so not sure if there was a trigger for the seizure or just related to having a TBI. He slept all day and woke up about 5:45, ate a little supper , used the bathroom and went back to sleep. I didn't tell the kids he had a seizure, only that he was very sick today. I had plans of going to Seymour to watch Riley's band concert. My kids are so understanding and have had to deal with a lot of things kids should never have to worry about. They were good with it. You know how we always talk about God's perfect timing...I'm just so thankful the kids weren't here today. And so thankful that I was...I just keep thinking, "what if I hadn't been here?" God takes care of it all. Please continue to pray for Rick's healing. He's the best person I've ever known and I do not accept this for him...I want him back 100%. He's tough and he's a fighter and he has the grace of God, so there is no reason not to get through this. Please continue to stand in agreement for Rick's healing.

I had a couple of bright spots in my day today. A visit from Blane Chapman this morning, and one this afternoon from Ryan and Lacey. I wish Rick would've felt up to visiting, but I know everyone understands!

Love,
Crystal

4 comments:

  1. Crystal,
    I am so sorry about the seisure, but I guess if you have to have one, a "good" one is best.
    You are so strong and your faith shows with each and every post. God's perfect timing....hmmmm....makes me think!
    Still Praying,
    Ann & Cliff

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crystal,
    So sorry to hear about the bad day and the "fear" that it created, however we, for two are believing with you and agreeing. Now with that being said this is just another speed bump, just something to instill fear and cause you to be fearful and distract you, but IT AIN"T GONNA WORK!!!! 'cause you are a child of the most high, the KING of KINGS, the LORD of LORDS, the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob!
    The creator of the universe and thanks to Jesus the Christ, you can call him daddy or Father or Abba Father and he is still in control, he still pulls the strings of those who pull the strings and no demon in hell or Satan himself can do anything about it. Satan himself can try and try but it won't work because Jesus died and told us, all of his children who believed in him, we would not perish but have everlasting life and we will.
    Rick Kieschnick is healed in the Name of Jesus and that healing is going to be manifested in his physical body on this earth while we watch.
    Praise God and the name of Jesus forevermore and evermore. Let's pray, Father we come before you with praise and thanksgiving and Father we thank you for deliverance for Rick from that spirit that causes the seizure. Father we thank you for a supernatural miracle for Rick, that he will be healed from head to toe, and we thank you in advance for the manifestation of that healing in the precious name of Jesus, Father give Crystal supernatural strength and courage and boldness in the spirit and we praise you for it and thank you for it in the name of Jesus, and all of God's saints said Amen and Amen God Bless America and everybody that agrees with Gov. Mike Huckabee==--== later, Rick

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hoping for you and Rick a peaceful night of restful sleep and a beautiful tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love you guys!! Hang in there! The power of prayer is so amazing, and there are SO SO many prayers going up for Rick and you every minute.
    Love,
    Kelly, Reno, Alyssa and Morgan

    ReplyDelete