FAITH IS BEING SURE OF WHAT WE HOPE FOR AND CERTAIN OF WHAT WE DO NOT SEE. HEBREWS 11:1

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

CHRISTMAS EVE EVE

Some things never change...once again I've done all the Christmas shopping this year, and Rick has done none! Ha! Sorry I haven't posted, it gets hectic when the kids are here. It looks like tomorrow Lubbock will be covered in snow, but everything should be clearing up before Christmas day. We have received some wonderful Christmas cards and I read every one of them to Rick, he really enjoys getting them.

Today I felt like Rick was getting back to his old self since the seizure. He walked a few feet with the EVA walker and his right foot was actually stepping heel-to-toe...I know you don't think about that, but his right foot had been just stepping flat. He still walks on his toe on the left side, but the scissoring is getting better. Today the ST also suggested a scope by an ENT to look at Rick's vocal chords. This was done once at Baylor, but it certainly wouldn't hurt to do it again, and get a really good look at what might be going on with his voice. In OT he "roped"...really he was practicing his hulihann maneuver today.

The kids ditched me today for Blane Chapman and his girls! We spent the night with them last night and my kids went with them today. Apparantely they've been all over Lubbock and even got to go see the new chipmunks movie tonight! Blane has been so kind as to offer for us to stay with him...my kids and his kids are all for it, and he lives really close to Trustpoint. His place is quiet and way better than a hotel room!

Hope y'all have a good night...stay warm!

Love,
Crystal

2 comments:

  1. Crystal,
    I am so happy to hear about Rick's progress. Please let me know if you need a place to stay while in Lubbock. I have lots of family there. Actually Lori lives there. (my aunt that you met while Rick was at URHCS in ICU) Her stepdad, King Al, was there also. Anyway, if you need a place to stay, I know she'd be all for it! Talk to you soon and God Bless!

    Have a Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you all, please give Rick a great big hug and tell hinm Aunt Cyndi loves him. Merry Christmas my very special family.

    ReplyDelete