FAITH IS BEING SURE OF WHAT WE HOPE FOR AND CERTAIN OF WHAT WE DO NOT SEE. HEBREWS 11:1

Saturday, December 19, 2009

DAY 182

We made it back to Lubbock safely...got here about 5 o'clock after an extended visit at the ranch. It was so good to see everybody and hard to leave. The kids played with the Jones boys...ridin' goats and "branding"...what else would country kids do?

Rick is doing good and has actually gained a few pounds...probably Mama Julie shoveling that food down his throat! We had visits today from Tricia and Shad Wayne and the Rankins. Brody and Brogan entertained Rick by roping the roping dummy. Rick is sound asleep right now.

We will not be moving to TLC until after the first of the year. I'm really ready to get there since the pump is straightened out. TLC specializes in brain injury rehab and Rick will be getting 6 hours of therapy a day. It's similar to Pate...not a hospital setting, just strictly rehab. When all this first happened, we hoped that we would be home by Christmas, and the kids have banked on that. They were counting on switching back to school at Guthrie. Unfortunately, we won't be able to since I have no idea how long Rick will be at TLC. I broke that news to them this week and they're okay with it.

I waited patiently for the Lord to help me, and he turned to me and heard my cry. He lifted me out of the pit of despair, out of the mud and the mire. He set my feet on solid ground, and steadied me as I walked along. He has given me a new song to sing, a hymn of praise to our God. Many will see what he has done and be astounded. They will put their trust in the Lord.
Psalm 40:1-3

Good night!

Crystal

2 comments:

  1. Crystal,
    Praise God, that is a great Word. I know, no I don't really know, but I know how I felt when Sharyn was in Tulsa. Thank the Lord they let her come home for Thanksgiving and Christmas and fortunately she got to stay home shortly after that. I do know one thing that is a fact, Rick will be home one day, I know it won't be as soon as you and the children and some more of us would like for it to be.
    Let's pray, Father we come before you with praise and thanksgiving and Father we thank you for a productive week for this family. Father we thank you in advance for Rick's complete healing and your provision for him and Crystal and the children. Thank you Lord for keeping all of them safe during this holiday season. Father we thank you for guideing all of those in charge of Rick's recovery and we pray a special blessing for the Morehouse family, the Morriss family, and the TRR family. God Bless them all, in the name of Jesus we pray, Amen and Amen
    JESUS, the reason for the season, later, Rick

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crystal,
    Glad you and the kids made it back safely. I bet they had a good time at the ranch. It must be really great to all be together for this holiday season.
    Praying,
    Ann & Cliff

    ReplyDelete