FAITH IS BEING SURE OF WHAT WE HOPE FOR AND CERTAIN OF WHAT WE DO NOT SEE. HEBREWS 11:1

Saturday, December 5, 2009

DAY 167 & 168

I met my dad in Crosbyton yesterday and picked up the kids. We didn't do much last night...stayed at the hospital until 9 and then ate and went to the hotel. Rick's day yesterday was kind of blah. He threw up yesterday morning and just didn't seem to really care about much going on after that. He did have a new trick up his sleeve when I went to put him in bed. I had the bedrail up at the top of the bed and he reached for it, so I thought I would see what he was going to do. He stood up just enough to scoot his bottom over his arm rest and sat himself down in the bed...then looked at me and smiled a little like, "see what I can do?".

Of all mornings to have car trouble, I pick this morning...it was freezing and my battery was dead. Easy fix right? Wrong. My hood wouldn't open. Luckily there is a collision center next door to the hotel so 2 guys came over and practically took my grill off to get the hood up...the latch is totally messed up, so now my car hood is closed with a bungy cord and I can't go over 50 mph. Anyway, they have a part ordered and should have it in next week. We finally got to the hospital at 11. Kim, Phillip, Curtis, Jean, Melanie and Carson Graf all came to see us today. They are just like family to us. Rick is always happy to see them. After he ate lunch he took a nap and we went to Abuelos for lunch. We also had a visit from Tanner Kieschnick tonight who was taking a break from studying for finals. Rick told him to bring him 2 Bud Lights...now why would he think that Tanner would have any Bud Light?

I thank God for all he's done for us through this ordeal. We have a lot to be thankful for including the family and friends and complete strangers that have prayed and done so many things for us. I know we still have a ways to go, but it's been made so much easier by keeping the faith.

I still believe!

Love,
Crystal

3 comments:

  1. Crystal,

    Hang in there. You are a remarkable woman, wife, and mom. Please know that there are a lot of us out here who you serve as an inspiration to better a stronger and better person.

    Mancel

    M.L.Bolton

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crystal,
    Glad to hear the kiddos get to be there. Sorry to hear about the car trouble and Rick having an upset stomach. These problems are just "road bumps" to distract and irritate you. Everything is going to be OK! Let's pray and agree, Father we come before you with praise and thanksgiving. Father your word says let every man be a liar and the word of God be truth. Father right now we pray for those individuals who can't be anything but negative to be a liar and for the word of God that says we are healed in the name of Jesus to be truth. We praise you for the Word and we thank you for the Word that guides, directs, leads, and instructs the believer how to live and conduct their lives accordingly. Father we curse the negative that it be of no effect in the name of Jesus and we thank you for the healing power of your Word. Father we thank you for a supernatural, restoring miracle in Rick's life. We thank you and we will give you praise forever and ever and ever. In the mighty name of Jesus we pray. and all of God's children said Amen and Amen Father, God Bless America and I pray for a Special blessing for all of the folks who have prayed and truly believe that Rick is well in the name of Jesus, later, Rick

    ReplyDelete
  3. Crystal, Hope you had a great weekend with the kids!! Do you not think people aren't buying I'm 29, I am about the same age as my first class!!HA! I hope Rick talks again this week, I get such a thrill out of that!! You take care of yourself!! Sorry about the car trouble!
    Love ya, Aunt Sher

    ReplyDelete