FAITH IS BEING SURE OF WHAT WE HOPE FOR AND CERTAIN OF WHAT WE DO NOT SEE. HEBREWS 11:1

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

DAY 170 & 171

Wow...can't believe we are to day 171. Today was a great day for Rick. They bumped the pump up yesterday, and we could tell a difference today. The biggy is that he is now able to extend his left arm above his head. Before, his shoulder was "locked" by the tone and he could only raise his arm to shoulder height and no further. He didn't even act like it hurt to push his arm up...it was really great. He also had good voicing in speech. The ST explained that the vocal chords are muscles too and they are just as affected by the tone as all the other muscles in his body. So, the baclofen must be helping there, too. She also told me to have him clear his throat and cough as much as possible to keep those vocal chords working and loosening up. Just now he was sitting in his wheelchair and was reaching for the thermostat. I asked him what he was doing, and he said pretty plainly, "heat up" and then put his hand on me and said "I'm cold".

We got some beautiful pictures from Marilyn Cheatham. She took pictures of Rick demonstrating his horses at the 2008 Remuda Sale at Pitchfork. The pictures are wonderful...Rick looks so relaxed and happy horseback. He looked at the pictures for a long time...thanks, Marilyn...great inspiration!

I also find great inspiration in Psalm 18...The cords of death surrounded me, and the streams of ungodliness and torrents of ruin terrified me. The cords of Sheol surrounded me; the snares of death confronted me. In my distress I called upon the Lord and cried to my God; He heard my voice out of His temple and my cry came before Him into his ears. Psalm 18: 4-6

The Lord is my rock and my salvation. When I'm tired, frustrated and scared I talk to Him. There are days that I wouldn't have made it through without Him. Even when things are heading in the right direction with Rick, I worry about the many unanswered questions. I will have my answers one day and one day my family will be put back together again.

God Bless.
Love,
Crystal

2 comments:

  1. Hi Crystal, continuing to pray and believe with you...God Bless you and your family...we love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crystal,
    Amen to the " one day my family will be put back together again". I also agree about the answers, but the family to me is so much more important. And one more time, I hope you never get tired of hearing this, we are still believing for a supernatural miracle, complete restoration-head to toe, for Rick. I praise God for the incremental healing, I thank Jesus for it, I will forever be thankful and give God the glory, however we are believing for a supernatural miracle!!!! We are always so thankful for every positive message, we know it is a work in progress. We also pray that you maintain your positive attitude, that God give you spiritual strength and keep you well, physically, mentally, and spiritually. I want to ask a very personal question, how often or have you taken communion lately? If not, please consider doing that, it would be very beneficial for both of you. Let's pray, Father in heaven, we come before you with praise and thanksgiving. Father we give you praise and glory for all you have done for Rick and Crystal. Father, we thank you for sending "angels unaware" to them for special purposes. Father, we thank you for all the help they have received and the "helpers" you have sent their way. Father thank you for your provision, comfort, and strength in the name of Jesus we pray. Amen and Amen
    God Bless America-----later, Rick

    ReplyDelete