FAITH IS BEING SURE OF WHAT WE HOPE FOR AND CERTAIN OF WHAT WE DO NOT SEE. HEBREWS 11:1

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

DAY 123

I just got Rick out of the shower and in bed...he is really tired. He got an extra 30 minute session of PT today, but his primary therapist was out sick, so he got no ST and only the cognitive that I was able to do with him. His OT time was only 30 minutes...he should be getting at least an hour each day. The baclofen pump surgery is scheduled for Tuesday, Oct 27th. He has to be at the hospital at 7:30 am, but they can't tell me exactly what time his surgery will be. The surgeon practices at a hospital not far from Baylor called Mary Shiels. After the pump is placed it will have to be adjusted be ensure that Rick is getting the right dosage of medicine. Each surgeon that places pumps works with a doctor of Physical Medicine (like Dr. Carlile) to adjust the pumps and the doctor that will do it for Rick is at Baylor Rehab. So, what that means is that after the surgery he will transfer to Baylor Rehab until the pump is adjusted properly. Hopefully, this will be on Tuesday as well...Dr. Konen said it would be considered an outpatient surgery, and I'm not sure how long we will be at Baylor.

I e-mailed pictures to a lot of people today of Rick's visit with Hank yesterday. I will try to get some posted to the blog as well. My FB is not working for some reason. I can read your comments, but I can't reply to them, or read a message, or confirm a request. I sent the e-mail out to a lot of people, so hopefully most of you got to see it.

Thanks for all the love and support that continues to be shown to us. It is amazing to me all the great people out there that are willing to do something nice for us...it means the world. Please keep praying for Rick. Hope to see you all soon.

Love,
Crystal

3 comments:

  1. Crystal,
    We will pray that all goes well with the pump and the time ya'll are at Baylor. Thanks for you dedication to keeping this blog updated. Looking forward to seeing you, too!
    Love,
    Ann & Cliff

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I did get the pics and I tried to send them on to people who would enjoy them. Thanks so much for sending them! They are the next best thing to being there. You have done such an outstanding job keeping us all up to date; it is greatly appreciated by all.
    Rick, we are so proud to call you friend and cousin! Keep up the hard work!
    Love and miss you both!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haven't posted in a while,but the boys and I check the blog everyday.My lil Coye Cody (kindergardener) told me he prayed that Rick could go back home to the ranch tomorrow! So sweet! We are all here and still praying for you and your family!

    God please take the reins and lead this family home safe and sound...amen

    Melissa Cody & Boys
    (Vernon Tx)

    ReplyDelete