FAITH IS BEING SURE OF WHAT WE HOPE FOR AND CERTAIN OF WHAT WE DO NOT SEE. HEBREWS 11:1

Friday, July 17, 2009

DAY 27 CONTINUED

The day went well. The therapist worked him this morning and then sat him up for an hour. She showed me how to work the bed so I can sit him up over the weekend and work with him. This afternoon while she had him sitting up she put a styrofoam cup in his hand & he held it the whole time. She also rubbed his lips with ice and he made a funny face. She took his hand that the cup was in and brought it up to his lips and he would move his lips funny. He kept his eyes open most of the time, but was pretty tired after 45 minutes. I've noticed the last couple of days he seems to move his arms a little more than he used to, and opens his eyes more frequently throughout the day although not as wide as when he's in therapy. Another positive is that he hasn't ran a fever in about 4 days...I feel like that's a sign his brain is healing.

I thank God everyday for all He's done for us...remember to thank Him for all he's done for you.

Love,
Crystal

2 comments:

  1. Well I think Reno has set a whole new set of standards and skills that a cowboy needs to know.The nurse that Crystal mentioned earlier in the blog also came in this evening and ask me the name of the young man that had sat with Rick during the night and then bragged on him for the care he gave Rick. Thank you Reno and Happy Birthday you gave a great gift and received one back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crystal,
    What another great day!! I can't wait to see Rick tomorrow to see his progress! Why is there not a picture of you and Rick? I have that one of you at Christmas giving Rick a "wetwilly". Reno, I thought I was the best nightnurse oh well I guess I have been dethroned!! Have a great day tomorrow being with your babies!! Take time to enjoy them! Love ya, Aunt Sher

    ReplyDelete