FAITH IS BEING SURE OF WHAT WE HOPE FOR AND CERTAIN OF WHAT WE DO NOT SEE. HEBREWS 11:1

Thursday, July 2, 2009

DAY 12

Rick had a good night and the doctor is testing the pressures in his brain again this morning. So far he is handling it well. Around 1:00 they will take him for a catscan. Doing a catscan while the bolt is clamped off will allow the doctors to see if certain channels in the brain are circulating the spinal fluid like it should. If it's not, Dr Reeves will take the bolt out and replace it with a shunt. He says the bolt is another possible source of infection and he would rather have a shunt in that is covered and drains into the stomach.

I was reading my Bible this morning and found a piece of paper I had written a quote on and stuck in there some time ago. It's a quote from the Rooster Cogburn movie, and when Katherine Hepburn says it at the end of the movie...it just reminded me of how I feel about Rick, so I wrote it down. I know this isn't word for word, and some of you cowboys may correct me, but this is the jist of it, "your a credit to the whole male sex, and I'm proud to have you for my friend".

The Lord is my rock, and I refuse to give up, be discouraged, or be negative. I BELIEVE!!!

Love y'all,
Crystal

2 comments:

  1. AMEN! Keep on Believing!! Around 1:00, I will pray harder than ever!!
    I love ya'll,
    Pollye

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Crystal,
    Last night I asked my mother-in-law to send you a message. After she wrote it, she was unable to send the message. Sometimes being 73 it's difficult to understand a blog. However, she can write as she has written 2 novels about her family's history, trials and tribulations and how they survied a simuliar experience such as what your family is going through. Her husband at the age of 37 was a rancher and horse trainer, 4 children between 9 months and 17 years old, just built a new home on their land, life was going great and was prosperous. In a sudden afternoon life changed for this family. His horse reared up,he was roping, it caught his leg and he was dragged causing a severe head injury. They told Joyce, my mother-in-law, Tommy would not make it, and if he did he would not ever be normal. However, the doctors said we will know better in 78 hrs. Tommy is 74 years old man, a loving husband, father, grandfather,and a good friend to many. No he never got on a horse again but the love of his family, horses, cattle and farmland did not stop him from challenging to the best of his ability. Joyce said she would like to write you a letter and tell you: because of her love for Tommy and her stong faith in God she has a life with her husband, a father for their children and a grandpa for their grandchildren. I will have your mother bring it to you, and hope you can find some comfort in her words.
    I can almost speak for every one that works with your mother, not a day goes by that we do not have her, you and your family in our hearts and our prayers. Bless you Crystal

    ReplyDelete