FAITH IS BEING SURE OF WHAT WE HOPE FOR AND CERTAIN OF WHAT WE DO NOT SEE. HEBREWS 11:1

Saturday, January 2, 2010

DAY 196

Had to say goodbye to the kids today...it was hard. My mom picked them up and they made it back to Seymour a little while ago. They still had some Christmas presents to open so at least they had something to look forward to. They are also looking forward to our move to TLC because TLC has a video phone that the kids can take home with them so when we call they can see us and we can see them...pretty neat perk!

Rick continues to show inititation today and it continues to amaze me. He initates conversation, he inititates trying to get out of his chair (had to start putting the seatbelt on him), intiates getting out of bed. I've waited 6 months for Rick to start a conversation with me and now he does...and often..I can't always make out what he's saying, but at least he's trying to say it. We had a visit from an old friend of Ricks, Larry Williams. It's been awhile since Rick has seen Larry, but when he walked in he said, "do you know who I am?" and Rick said "Larry Williams".

Rick's in the shower and about to go to bed...think I'll head that way myself.

God Bless,
Crystal

3 comments:

  1. I love you both and the kids too. We too are happy to see 2010 come along. Kiss my boy for me. God Bless each of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crystal,
    Hope all is well in the big city. Sounds like ol' Rick is coming right along. Let's pray and agree, Father we come before you with praise and thanksgiving. Father we pray for Rick's vocal chords and lungs, Father we pray that you strengthen them and open his lungs so he can have enough air to talk and talk plainly. Father we thank you for the continued healing in Rick and the strength and grace that you have given Crystal. Father I thank you for understanding how futile life without Jesus would be and how hopeless we would be without God and his Word in Jesus name we pray, Amen and Amen =+=+=+=+ later, Rick

    ReplyDelete
  3. Crystal, Tell Rick that I am expecting him to keep up talking with me next time I see him!! I am anxiously awaiting Rick's next step in his recovery! I know this next week will difficult since the kids have left. Yall continue to be in our thoughts and prayers!! Love, Aunt Sher

    ReplyDelete