FAITH IS BEING SURE OF WHAT WE HOPE FOR AND CERTAIN OF WHAT WE DO NOT SEE. HEBREWS 11:1

Thursday, July 8, 2010

Sorry I haven't posted in a few days. We got up early on Tuesday morning and had the trailer loaded by 8 am! Thanks to all the Tongue River guys and gals that helped, I couldn't have done it without you. We got to Seymour Tuesday afternoon, and once I got still, I was gone...I was so tired. Riley had twirling practice and a swimming party on Wednesday. We didn't make it back to Lubbock until today at noon. I was so ready to see Rick. I don't really worry about him when I'm away. I know he's in good hands and is able to make his wants and needs known. More than anything, I just want to know what he's doing and see his progress and always be here to encourage him. After lunch he had PT and he walked outside with the rolling walker. Kelly and Laura have requested approval for a custom made AFO for Rick's left foot. An AFO is a special brace that will encompass his left ankle and foot, and will help with positioning his foot correctly when he's walking. We were hoping we wouldn't need one, but when Rick tries to walk, the tone really kicks in in his left foot. He can stand and have his heel on the ground with no problem, but when he initiates any kind of movement, the tone kicks in. After walking he had ST. He and Meredith have been working on the computer to help Rick get ready for his communication device. She is trying to get him more familiar with the keyboard. When he got there she told him to go ahead and get on the computer and work on typing a message. He typed, "I love Crystal". Then he turned around and winked at me! That just makes me want to laugh and cry at the same time.

The Kieschnick Family Reunion is this weekend. Rick still hasn't decided whether or not he wants to go. Part of the problem is that he's STILL not sleeping at night. Dr. Wolcott changed his sleeping meds to an extended release, but insurance hasn't approved it yet. So, tonight we are trying a new one called Lunesta and hopefully that will work. He's got to get some rest.

Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy-laden and overburdened, and I will cause you to rest. Matthew 11:28

Love,
Crystal

No comments:

Post a Comment