FAITH IS BEING SURE OF WHAT WE HOPE FOR AND CERTAIN OF WHAT WE DO NOT SEE. HEBREWS 11:1

Thursday, July 1, 2010

Rick had a very busy day today. He rode the trykes this morning, and walked non-stop for 440 ft with the rolling walker in PT. That is the furthest he's ever walked without needing a break. He worked on building his cinch in theraputic recreation. He also had a really good speech session, but still won't use his voice much outside of speech...he says it takes a lot of effort to keep his voice on and it makes him really tired. We met with Missy, our case manager and Rick's official discharge date is July 28th. She even printed a calendar off for Rick to put in his notebook to cross off each day. We went to get his baclofen pump refilled and Dr. Wolcott's nurse educated Cade on the whole process. Riley had shooting camp this morning at LCU and some girls from Matador that she played b-ball with were there also. She talked me into letting her go back with them.

My plans are to be at TRR on Monday afternoon to finish packing. My brothers are coming over on Monday as well to load some things to haul back to Seymour that I don't want on the moving van. Then first thing Tuesday morning, Tom is letting the guys off to help me load the rest of our stuff. I know it's a work day, but if anyone else could help us, it would be greatly appreciated.

A year ago today, Rick was taken off the ventilator. His reaction to being taken off set the tone for the rest of his recovery. I remember the nurse on nights telling me, "we'll take him off, but only for a little at a time as he probably won't be able to handle it." My dad stayed the night that night with him, and when they took him off the venitlator, he never missed a beat...or I guess I should say breath. He surprised the doctors, but he didn't surprise me.

For I will turn their mourning into joy and will comfort them and make them rejoice after their sorrow. Jeremiah 31:13

Love,
Crystal

No comments:

Post a Comment