FAITH IS BEING SURE OF WHAT WE HOPE FOR AND CERTAIN OF WHAT WE DO NOT SEE. HEBREWS 11:1

Sunday, December 5, 2010

Very glad to report that Rick's DARS money was released on Friday. I was totally shocked to find out. I wasn't expecting to hear anything until January. The program director called me Friday morning and said, "Whose been saying their prayers?" And I just couldn't even believe it. Now to decide when he'll go back. His DARS counselor said that they understand not wanting to go back before Christmas, but we need to get there as soon after Christmas as we can. I'm very excited for him to go back, but it will be very hard to let them have him back. We have really enjoyed having him home.

Thanksgiving was great, and Rick continues to make gains every week. Last week he was working with Tim (PT) and had some of the best steps I have seen him take. Very controlled and smooth...looked very good. One day we were at home and I had Rick get down on all fours. This excercise is called quadripeg and it is a great one for him to do...especially for his joints in his arms and his shoulders. Cade came in while Rick was in quadripeg, and promptly jumped right on his back. He said, "yee haw, Daddy, just like old times, I'm the cowboy and your my buckin' horse!" And Rick never even wavered...he didn't buck, but he didn't waver either.

He is enjoying the 4th round of the NFR right now. We have a full week of therapy on the agenda for this week. We haven't closed on the house yet, but still looking like we'll get it bought.

Prayers continue to be answered for us, and God's timing has proven once again to be perfect.

Love,
Crystal

3 comments:

  1. Thank you Jesus, to you all glory and praise!!
    later, Rick

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I just noticed the new pictures. Rick looks really good! I'm glad the DARS money came through. Praise God for each new day and the progress it brings. Hope y'all are looking forward to a nice holiday.
    Love,
    Ann & Cliff

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice, i allways though that above us, its a Divine power.

    ReplyDelete