FAITH IS BEING SURE OF WHAT WE HOPE FOR AND CERTAIN OF WHAT WE DO NOT SEE. HEBREWS 11:1

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

We had a good weekend. Made it to Tongue River early on Saturday. My Uncle John, Chris Mooney and his son Caleb, and me, Rick and Cade made the trip. We had everything loaded down by 11 o'clock...I mean everything. We are absolutely, completely packed up and out of there. It's great to get that off my mind. We got to see Stoney and Sammie, and Mary Lou and Jennifer Brady before we left. Rick was very happy to see everyone and actually managed the trip quite well. We had a visit from Tricia and TJ on Sunday morning and then PT Monday morning and this morning at Seymour. We worked with a new PT yesterday and today named Brooke. After she worked with Rick today she was was amazed at this strength...and not just his physical strength. She visited with me a little bit after therapy and said, "He will walk again...he has the ability, everything just hasn't clicked yet". It was so good to hear her say that, especially after Rick had just asked me this morning, "Am I ever gonna walk again?". Of course there has never been a doubt in my mind that he would walk again, but to hear someone whose only worked with him twice say that, well, it was very convicting for me.

I also talked to Colby on Sunday. Blake is doing better. He has been opening his eyes and squeezing their hands. They are making plans to move him to an LTAC in 2 weeks. There is still ALOT of swelling on the brain, and it will take a lot of time for it to go down. A year ago today, we moved Rick to Baylor. The Seymour Ambulance took us and my mom and dad and Aunt Sherry followed. Baylor was such a huge blessing, and I still keep in touch with Rick's therapists from there. Colby's family is looking at Baylor as the next step after the LTAC.

But I will restore you to health and heal your wounds, delcares the Lord. Jeremiah 30:17

Good night and God Bless,
Crystal

2 comments:

  1. Yes it is so good to hear from a professional even though we have known in our hearts that Rick will walk again. I remember when he was in ICU telling someone that Rick would show everyone what he was made of and would recover. You don't have to spend much time with him to know he is strong on the inside and out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank the Lord, remember, we have said all along that he will recover fully and completely and we would give God the praise and the glory forever and ever!!!! Later, Rick

    ReplyDelete