FAITH IS BEING SURE OF WHAT WE HOPE FOR AND CERTAIN OF WHAT WE DO NOT SEE. HEBREWS 11:1

Thursday, August 26, 2010

School started on Monday, and we've almost made it through the first week. Watching the kids get on the school bus on Monday was so much better than getting pictures e-mailed from my sister like I did last year. Cade has Mrs. Livingston and Riley, of course, being in jr. high has a different teacher for every class. Rick went to rehab at NT Rehab 3 days this week. We only got in about 2 hours of therapy each day, but I'm really, really pleased with what they've done with him. Yesterday they had 3 therapists working on him at the same time. One was stretching his neck, one his arm, and the other his legs. I said, "Good Lord, Rick, you're never going to get better if you keep having all these pretty girls working on you...I mean there's no incentive. Put a couple of big hairy guys on the job and I bet you'd get better really quick!" He just smiled. He likes the therapists, too and has already shown them how ornery he can be. Just as we got home today, Terri O'Neal pulled in the driveway. It was so great to see her, and she was amazed as he watched Rick get out of the car and into his wheelchair without any help from me whatsoever. I stand there and guard him, but most of the time he doesn't need me at all. She was even able to understand everything Rick said, and when Chance called he talked on the phone with Rick, too. They of course were plotting against their wives, and how they're going to "line us out." Oh please...that will never happen! Pastor Bersche stopped by, too. He came to Wichita Falls every single day that Rick was in the hospital and we've missed seeing him.

We've been on our break for a month now and I just can't believe how much progress Rick continues to make. He is so strong and I am so proud of him. Being home has been wonderful.

The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. Psalm 23

Good night and God Bless,
Crystal

1 comment:

  1. Crystal,
    Thanks for the update. We are so glad everything is going so well!
    It is the 100th year celebration at Guthrie church this week. Just thought you might like to know.
    Love,
    Ann & Cliff

    ReplyDelete